MONROE, Mich. – La-Z-Boy honored top-performing Comfort Studio® and In-Store Gallery® furniture retailers at an awards ceremony held during the recent High Point Furniture Market in High Point, N.C. La-Z-Boy regional, single-store owners with top sales growth during calendar year 2007 were recognized, along with the top three North American multi-store operations and the top furniture retail partner with the largest increase in unit sales.
“We are proud to recognize our partners with dedicated La-Z-Boy retail furniture space who have excelled at bringing La-Z-Boy comfort to their market and increased overall sales for 2007,” said Steve Matlock, senior vice president of sales and marketing for La-Z-Boy. “The partnerships we’ve formed with these top dealers are invaluable and we look forward to even more success at the retail level as we continue our transition to the Comfort Studios format.”
The La-Z-Boy Comfort Studios and In-Store Galleries network includes 186 Comfort Studios and 168 In-Store Galleries stores located throughout North America. Honored for outstanding performance based on growth during 2007 were:
- Northeast Region – Dunham’s Furniture in Wellsboro, Pa., owned by Robert Dunham.
- Midwest Region – Langlois Furniture in Muskegon, Mich., owned by Dan Langlois.
- Southeast Region – Furniture Expressions in Auburn, Ala., owned by Barry Dorman.
- Mid-South Region – Kemper Home Furnishings in Hazard, Ky., owned by Rhenda Pennington.
- West Region – Engles Furniture in North Bend, Ore., owned by Eric Engles.
- Canadian Region – Alford’s Furniture in Regina, Saskatchewan, owned by Verna Alford.
- Multi-Store – J. R. Rahey Stores Ltd., in Sydney Mines, Nova Scotia, owned by Paul Rahey and Riad Kassouf.
- Multi-Store – Decker Furniture Store in Tiffin, Ohio, owned by Fred Decker.
- Multi-Store and Largest Increase in Unit Sales – Kemper Home Furnishings in London, Ky., owned by Harold W. Kemper Jr.
Headquartered in Monroe, Mich., La-Z-Boy has been producing some of the world’s most comfortable
furniture for over 85 years. The company manufactures a full line of comfortable products for the
living room and family room, including the company’s world-famous recliners, reclining sofas and love seats,
sleep sofas, modular furniture and leather upholstery, as well as stationary sofas, love seats and chairs.
It is a division of La-Z-Boy Incorporated (NYSE: LZB),
one of the world’s leading residential furniture producers,
marketing furniture for every room of the home. "Live Life Comfortably.®"