MONROE, Mich. - La-Z-Boy honored the owners and operators of top-performing La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries® stores at an awards ceremony held during the recent High Point Furniture Market in High Point, N.C.
"These top-performing furniture stores are crucial to our distribution and overall success, and we are proud to celebrate their achievement," said Greg White, senior vice president of sales and merchandising for La-Z-Boy. "Each of these stores helps make La-Z-Boy what it is today."
With 328 stores throughout the United States and Canada, the La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries stores network is one of North America's leading proprietary furniture retailers.
Furniture Store Awards Top 10 Performing La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries Stores in North America
The La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries stores recognized as the top 10 La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries stores based on total sales for 2008 were:
- La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries on 11th St., and Northland Ave., in Calgary, Alberta, as well as in Winnipeg, Manitoba, owned and operated by Cam Davidson
- La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries in Glendale, Ariz.; Chandler, Ariz.; and Mesa, Ariz., owned and operated by Ed Breunig III and Ron Hernandez
- La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries on 101st St., and 109th Ave., in Edmonton, Alberta, owned and operated by Mohammed Moussa
- La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries in Fort Collins, Colo., owned and operated by Jason Johnston
- La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries in Nepean, Ontario, owned and operated by Paul Raymond
Top Sales Growth Accounts
The La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries stores recognized as the top sales growth accounts based on percentage growth for 2008 were:
- La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries in Cincinnati, Ohio, owned and operated by Walt McBeath and Elliott Hilsinger
- La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries in Davenport, Iowa, owned and operated by Marshall Matt and Jeff Matt
- La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries in Sierra Vista, Ariz., owned and operated by Ed Breunig III and Ron Hernandez
Retail Partner of the Year
In addition to honoring the top-performing stores, La-Z-Boy announced its Retail Partner of the Year award, which recognizes a partner in the La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries retail system that continuously demonstrates commitment to the La-Z-Boy brands, retail network and customers. This honor was given to Frank Hager, Jr., and his wife Alyssa, owners and operators of multiple La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries stores, for their more than 11 years of leadership, tireless dedication and ongoing support of the La-Z-Boy retail program.
Opening their first La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries store in 1997 in Wilkes Barre, Pa., Frank and Alyssa saw opportunity in the company and embarked on an ever-growing relationship with the La-Z-Boy network. Over the next decade, they opened and acquired stores in Scranton, Pa.; Stroudsburg, Pa.; Lancaster, Pa.; Reading, Pa.; and Whitehall, Pa.
"Frank and Alyssa are not only a stronghold in store ownership, but leaders with their involvement in the development and teaching of the La-Z-Boy In-home Design program in addition to other programs," said White.