La-Z-Boy Recongizes Top-Performing Comfort Studios® Furniture Retailers
MONROE, Mich. (May 16, 2011) – La-Z-Boy honored top-performing Comfort Studio® retailers at an awards ceremony held during the recent High Point Furniture Market in High Point, N.C. Regional, single-store owners with top sales growth during calendar year 2010 were recognized, along with the top North American multi-store operation and the retail partner with the largest increase in unit sales.
“We are proud to recognize our partners with dedicated La-Z-Boy retail space who have excelled at bringing La-Z-Boy comfort to their markets and increased overall sales for 2010,” said Jim Reilly, vice president of residential sales for La-Z-Boy. “The partnerships we’ve formed with these top dealers are invaluable, and we look forward to even more success at the retail level with our Comfort Studio format.”
The La-Z-Boy Comfort Studio network has a total of 536 locations located throughout North America. Honored for outstanding performance based on sales percent increase during 2010 were:
- Largest Increase in Unit Sales – Arthur F. Shultz Company in Erie, Pa., owned by Rob and Dan Schultz and John Blakeslee
- Canadian Region – MacDonald Countrywide Furniture in Meaford, Ontario, owned by Jeff MacDonald
- Central Region – Pierce Furniture in Muscatine, Iowa, owned by David and Curtis Pierce
- Midwest Region – Smith’s Furniture & Appliance in Mount Sterling, Ky., owned by Harold and Tim Smith
- Northeast Region – Arthur F. Shultz Company in Erie, Pa., owned by Rob and Dan Schultz and John Blakeslee
- West Region – Davis Furniture in Wanatchee, Wash., owned by Roger Bumps
- Multi-Store – Homeworld Furniture and Furnitureland in Hawaii, owned by Mike, Bub Jr., Wendell, Ben and Scott Wo
Headquartered in Monroe, Mich., La-Z-Boy has been producing some of the world’s most comfortable
furniture for over 85 years. The company manufactures a full line of comfortable products for the
living room and family room, including the company’s world-famous recliners, reclining sofas and love seats,
sleep sofas, modular furniture and leather upholstery, as well as stationary sofas, love seats and chairs.
It is a division of La-Z-Boy Incorporated (NYSE: LZB),
one of the world’s leading residential furniture producers,
marketing furniture for every room of the home. "Live Life Comfortably.®"