MONROE, MI. (June 1, 2012) - La-Z-Boy honored the owners and operators of top-performing
La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries stores at an awards ceremony held during the recent High Point Furniture Market in High
"These top-performing stores are crucial to our distribution and overall success, and we are proud to celebrate their achievements,"
said Mark Bacon, President of La-Z-Boy Branded Business. "Each of these stores helps make
La-Z-Boy the leading brand it is today." With 309 stores throughout the United States and Canada, the La-Z-Boy
Furniture Galleries stores network is one of North America's leading proprietary furniture retailers.
Retail Partner of the Year
The Retail Partner of the Year award recognizes a partner in the La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries retail
system that continuously demonstrates commitment to the La-Z-Boy brands, retail network and customers.
This honor was given to Walt McBeath and Elliott Hilsinger, owners and operators of nine La-Z-Boy Furniture
Galleries stores in Ohio and Kentucky, for their thirty five years of leadership, tireless dedication and ongoing support of the
La-Z-Boy retail program.
In 1975, Walt McBeath and Elliott Hilsinger opened their first La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries store in
Cincinnati. The success of that operation led to the opening in 1976 of two more stores in Columbus, followed shortly by a store
in East Cincinnati and one in West Columbus in 1978. In subsequent years, Walt and Elliot added stores in Dayton, Ohio and Florence,
Kentucky, bringing their total to nine.
"We are proud to honor Walt and Elliot for continually providing exceptional customer service and offering a comfortable and differentiated
shopping experience in their stores," said Bacon. "They are leaders not only in their stores, but also in the community. Their success
is felt in the Furniture Galleries network and all over the Midwest."
Customer Service Excellence
The Customer Service Excellence award recognizes the store that demonstrates superior customer service and a commitment to the La-Z-Boy brands, retail network and customers at the store level. This honor was given to Jim Hendren
and the Colorado Springs, Colorado team, and Dave Layman and the Springdale, Arkansas team, for achieving the highest level of customer
satisfaction in the La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries system across North America.
Ronald McDonald House Charities® Partner of the Year
The Ronald McDonald House Charities® (RMHC) Partner of the Year award recognizes the partner in the La-Z-Boy
Furniture Galleries retail system who has continuously demonstrated commitment to the RMHC partnership. This honor was given to
Paul and Heather Hogeboom, owners and operators of nine La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries stores located
across Ontario, for their efforts to support the local Ronald McDonald Houses. Their operation not only provided furniture to support
two new Ronald McDonald Houses in Toronto and London, they also help with fund raising and volunteer work at the local houses.
"Paul and Heather went above and beyond serving Ronald McDonald Houses in their market. We are inspired by the example they have
set in providing comfort to families at a time in their lives when they need it like never before," said Bacon.
Top 10 Performing La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries Stores in North America
In addition to honoring the top-performing partners, La-Z-Boy announced a series of awards focused on
excellence within the Furniture Galleries system. The La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries stores recognized
as the top 10 La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries stores based on total sales for 2011 were:
- La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries stores on 11th St., and Northland Ave., in Calgary, Alberta, both owned and operated by Cam Davidson
- La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries in Glendale, Ariz.; Chandler, Ariz; Mesa, Ariz.; and Scottsdale, Ariz., owned and operated by Ed Breunig
- La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries stores on 101st St. in Edmonton, Alberta, both owned and operated by Mohammed Moussa
- La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries in Winnipeg, Manitoba, owned and operated by Dave and Gale Sykora and Cam Davidson
- La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries in Ottawa (Nepean), Ontario, owned and operated by David Maxwell
- La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries in Burlington, Ontario, owned and operated by Paul and Heather Hogeboom
Top Three Percent Sales Growth Accounts
Three La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries stores were recognized as the top percent sales growth accounts based
on percentage growth for 2011 were:
- La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries in Houston, Texas, owned and operated by Lew Brown, Jr.
- La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries in Emeryville, California, owned and operated by Don and Troy Kvingedal, and Kay Dunlap
- La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries in Shreveport, LA, owned and operated by Alicia and Jim Lockhart