Customer Review Submission Giveaway Official Rules
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING. Only open and offered to legal residents of 50 United States, District of Columbia, or Canada (Void in Quebec) who are at least 21 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees, officers, and directors of La-Z-Boy Incorporated (“Sponsor”), the participating retailers, the judges, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies, advertising, promotion, or production agencies, webmasters/suppliers (and their respective IRS dependents, immediate family members [spouse, parents, children, siblings] and individuals residing in the same household [whether or not related]) of such employees, officers, and directors are not eligible to participate. Void where prohibited. By participating in this sweepstakes, entrants agree to these Official Rules.
- Giveaway Period: Giveaway begins at 12:00 a.m. ("Midnight") Eastern Standard Time (EST) on 7/1/2015 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. EST on 9/30/2015 (the "Giveaway Period"). The Sponsor's computer is the official time keeping device for this Promotion.
- To enter: Register for the contest by submitting a complete product review online on www.la-z-boy.com between 7/1/2015 and 9/30/2015. Contest entry requires user to create a free user account on www.la-z-boy.com. One valid and complete product review equals one contest entry. Multiple reviews of the same product are not valid. "SPAM" or fraudulent reviews will not be posted and all entries from said user will be void. Entries must be received by www.la-z-boy.com no later than 11:59:59 p.m. EST 9/30/2015. This contest is sponsored by La-Z-Boy Incorporated, and La-Z-Boy Incorporated is not responsible for lost, damaged, misdirected, illegible or incomplete registrations, reviews, or entries. ALL ENTRANTS MUST HAVE A VALID E-MAIL ADDRESS.
In the event of a dispute over the identity of a potential winner, online entries will be considered made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry, and the potential winner may be required to provide identification sufficient to show that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address submitted upon entry. "Authorized account holder" is the natural person who is assigned to an email address by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses.Sponsor is not responsible for any lost, late, illegible, incomplete, postage-due, misdirected or mutilated mail, or for any electronic miscommunications or failures of any kind, which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in this drawing. No purchase is necessary. Any and all illegible entries or entries that otherwise do not conform to the Official Rules will be disqualified. Winner will be notified 3-10 days after the sweepstakes entry period closes.
- Random Drawing: One (1) Grand Prize winner will be selected from among all combined eligible entries in a random drawing conducted on or about 10/10/2015, by an independent judge whose decisions are final and binding in all aspects regarding this drawing. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Prizes/Odds: Grand Prize (1): A $500.00 U.S. Dollars gift certificate valid toward purchase of any one piece of La-Z-Boy furniture at your choice of an authorized La-Z-Boy Retailer in the United States or Canada. Entire $500.00 U.S. Dollar amount must be used at one location, at one time toward the purchase of one piece of La-Z-Boy furniture, and may not be sub-divided, allocated or distributed in any other fashion. No cash equivalent and prize is non-transferable. Any difference between the $500.00 U.S. Dollars gift certificate and the ARV of the piece of La-Z-Boy furniture chosen by winner will not be awarded. Other costs associated with the product purchase, including, but not limited to, sales and other taxes, insurance, duties, delivery fees, any travel and transportation costs associated with redeeming the Certificate, if applicable, are solely the responsibility of the winner. If winner cannot accept a prize as stated, prize will be forfeited in its entirety and awarded to an alternate winner. Total ARV of all prizes is $500.00. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Conditions of Participation: Participants agree (a) that Sponsor and all of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and the judges, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (individually and collectively “Releasees”) will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by participants against any liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind to person(s), including death, or to property, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in this giveaway or any giveaway related activities and (b) except where legally prohibited, winners grant (and agree to confirm that grant in writing) permission for Sponsor, and those acting under its authority to use his/her name, photograph, voice and/or likeness, biographical information, and prize information, including the contents of their entry, at any time or times, for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without further compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, world wide, and on the World Wide Web, without notice or review or approval. Winners will be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release and, where lawful, a Publicity Release, within ten (10) days of receipt of these documents. If winner is a Canadian resident, he/she will be required to correctly answer a time-limited skill testing question without any assistance to be eligible to receive a prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, documents are not returned timely, documents or any prize are returned as non-deliverable or a winner is ineligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules, or if a potential winner fails to correctly answer the time-limited skill testing question (if applicable), prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Taxes, shipping, any duties, and the like, on prizes are solely winner’s responsibility.
- Limitations of Liability: Releasees are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, non-delivered, illegible, or unintelligible entries, or for interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), Web Site, telephone or other connections, availability or accessibility, or miscommunications, or failed computer, satellite or cable transmissions, or lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions, or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of this giveaway, as solely determined by the Sponsor, will be disqualified. Entries generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. Releasees are not responsible for injury or damage to participants' or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this giveaway or downloading materials from or use of the Web Site. Should any portion of this giveaway be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify, or terminate the giveaway, and select winners from entries received prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Releasees are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Web Site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the giveaway, and assume no responsibility for any error, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation, or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction, or unauthorized use to this Web Site. In case of dispute, the authorized subscriber of the email account used to enter the Promotion at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the participant, and must comply with these Official Rules. Authorized account subscriber is the natural person who is assigned the e-mail address by the Internet Service Provider (ISP), on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses. Entries that have been tampered with or altered are void. Sponsor reserves the right to judge in its discretion whether an entry has been subjected to tampering or alteration. If any entrant attempts to damage any Web Site or undermine the legitimate operation of the giveaway, Sponsor reserves the right to prosecute and seek damages from such entrant to the fullest extent permitted by law. IN NO EVENT WILL RELEASEES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE EMAIL ADDRESS OR ANY OTHER WEB SITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS GIVEAWAY. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THE WEB SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this giveaway or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Monroe County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this giveaway, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these official rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the giveaway, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan U.S.A.
- Winners List: For a list of winners, write your name and address on a 3"x5" card and mail with a 1st class stamped envelope to: La-Z-Boy Customer Review Winners List, One La-Z-Boy Drive, Monroe, MI 48162 for receipt by 10/1/2015.
- Sponsor: La-Z-Boy Incorporated, One La-Z-Boy Drive, Monroe MI 48162.